Group Therapy from New Life Medical Addiction Services
New Life offers a range of counseling and therapy options for its patients who are struggling with drug and alcohol misuse and addiction. Often, group therapy is the most effective because patients can learn from others who are struggling with the same substance issues and problems that they are. This is important because many people in addiction think they are alone when, in reality, there are many others who are dealing with the same issues.
Before joining one of New Life’s group therapy sessions, a patient is first evaluated by our doctors and clinicians to understand a range of issues including:
- Which substances they are misusing
- The extent to which they are using (for instance, is detox needed immediately)
- The patient’s overall physical health
- Co-occurring disorders that the patient may have
- Family history
Once a patient has had their initial evaluation, they can then begin their medication assisted out-patient treatment from New Life to start their immediate detox and recovery. While this is the urgent first step for our patients in recovery, it is also important that our patients begin therapy as part of their healing process and to make sure that their recovery takes hold.
When led by one of New Life Medical Addiction Service’s trained therapists, group counseling gives our patients a chance to learn about the difficulties and challenges others are having and to illuminate strategies for dealing with the situations they may come across
New Life’s Other Counseling Services Include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), which helps our patients understand which modes of thinking and behavior lead them to substance abuse and shows them the ways that they can change that behavior. Our counselors also teach coping skills that helps our patients manage stress and change the thoughts that cause them to want to misuse substances.
- Family counseling, which includes partners or spouses and other family members who are close to the patient and who are impacted by the person’s use of alcohol and drugs. Family counseling can be a critical step in the healing process when bad or disruptive behavior has damaged family relationships.
- Peer coaching where staff members who have had their own problems with alcoholism and alcohol abuse can provide insight through their own experiences.
If you or someone you care about is dealing with substance abuse and you think that group therapy might be part of the solution, then you need to contact the doctors and clinicians at New Life Medical Addiction Services today. Our caring and highly trained staff is available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist in your recovery.