Peer Coaching from New Life
Peer coaching is an integral component of the New Life Medical Addiction Services complete program of detox and rehab from dependence on alcohol and drugs.
New Life is dedicated to providing the most comprehensive approach to peer counseling services and peer coaching support. Our peer support program provides one-on-one peer coaching during and after treatment. This not only affords the greatest opportunity for recovery, but also minimizes the risk of relapse.
Jeff Mullen is the architect of this new initiative and will continue to cultivate and broaden the program as we move forward. Jeff has been involved in the addiction and recovery world for 35 years and his goal is to help others to recover from their addiction, which will allow them to experience the possibilities that await them moving forward. members as they emerge from their addictions so that their support network remains strong.
New Life’s Approach to Peer Coaching Includes:
- Establishing a relationship with a recovery sponsor to help guide you in your day-to-day life in recovery
- Sharing our personal experience, strength and hope to show that it is not only possible to get clean and sober but to stay clean and sober
- Regular attendance at a 12-Step Program, Faith-Based Program, Smart Recovery Program or Holistic Recovery Program
- Encouraging active fellowship within the recovery community
Before joining one of New Life’s peer coaching sessions, a patient is first evaluated by our doctors and clinicians to understand a range of issues including:
- Which substances they are misusing
- The extent to which they are using (for instance, is detox needed immediately)
- The patient’s overall physical health
- Co-occurring disorders that the patient may have
- Family history
Once a patient has had their initial evaluation, they can then begin their medication assisted out-patient treatment from New Life to start their immediate detox and recovery. While this is the urgent first step for our patients in recovery, it is also important that our patients begin therapy as part of their healing process and to make sure that their recovery takes hold.
New Life’s Other Counseling Services Include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), which helps our patients understand which modes of thinking and behavior lead them to substance abuse and shows them the ways that they can change that behavior. Our counselors also teach coping skills that helps our patients manage stress and change the thoughts that cause them to want to misuse substances.
- Group therapy is led by one of New Life Medical Addiction Service’s trained therapists and gives our patients a chance to learn about the difficulties and challenges others are having and to illuminate strategies for dealing with the situations they may come across
- Family counseling, which includes partners or spouses and other family members who are close to the patient and who are impacted by the person’s use of alcohol and drugs. Family counseling can be a critical step in the healing process when bad or disruptive behavior has damaged family relationships.
If you or someone you care about is dealing with substance abuse and you think that peer coaching might be part of the solution, then you need to contact the doctors and clinicians at New Life Medical Addiction Services today. Our caring and highly trained staff is available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Click here to download a PDF about the program